Friday 11 November 2011

NYC: Butter Lane

I was just looking through some  photos I took a couple of years ago during the summer holidays when I came across those that I'd taken when I was in New York City. :D I think that was probably the second time I'd been to NYC; the first was when I'd been much younger and much less appreciative of the many treasures of the city (Soho for one, had not even been on my itinerary at all back then!). Needless to say, I'm a huge huge fan of the city. It's one of my favorite places in the entire world for so many reasons - one of which being the fact that you never know what you might come across anytime of the day, any day of the year. This quaint cupcake bakery was a total serendipitious surprise. I don't even really remember what I was doing that afternoon but I do remember two things: 1. It was a cool, breezy day; the kind that you can walk around in in a light cardigan and not break out in a sweat, 2. I had no map, and no idea where I was going.

    Photobucket

So who wouldn't stop to take a closer look at this place? :) I was hungry, thirsty and eager for something to SIT DOWN ON.

Photobucket

Too many choices often give rise to a mild headache but I think it's a welcome one. When in doubt, I think it's best to go for the ORIGINAL flavor (whatever that may be depending on the store you're in) which is probably what I went for.

   Photobucket 

OMNOMNOM. I think this was probably... vanilla with key lime cream cheese? I wish I could remember! But given that it was the Summer FAVE I most likely went for that. ;p I probably ended up spending 10 minutes deciding and 10 seconds stuffing it down my throat with relish.

   Photobucket


Butter Lane 

123 East 7th Street 
New York, 

NY 10009

(212) 677-2880 

Hours: Sun-Mon 11am–10pm; Tue-Thu 11am–11pm; Fri-Sat 11–12am 


 Do give it a try if you happen to be in the area! :) And tell me if there are new flavors in store. 

Photobucket So... I'd say it was quite a perfect afternoon snack. And after sifting through my files I've discovered I took quite a lot of street shots while I was there of the typical stretch of apartment buildings with their fire escapes. So here's one for the road.




No comments:

Post a Comment