Thursday 10 November 2011

la petite cuisine

Yes, this blog is going to be a lot about food. :D Because it's one of the great loves in my life. Nothing warms my heart and puts me to a peaceful sleep faster than a great meal.

Nowadays, I'm always on the lookout for new eateries and though I've always known that La Petite Cuisine was a little more than a short walk away from my house, it took me ages to convince my mum and sis (creatures of habit we all are) to give it a try. But finally, we did go! And every single time I've gone, I've not been disappointed. :D It's a pretty small, cozy restaurant and I suppose the only drawback is that everything is self-service - you go inside to pay for your meal before you get served, and then you fetch your own cups and pour your own water out from a dispenser. But those are small details and I suppose that's how they keep their costs low. More importantly, the food is GOOD. I've gone to eat there for both lunch and dinner and here are some dishes that I'd recommend:

Photobucket


Sauteed prawns with spaghetti in olive oil. SO GOOD. I cannot emphasize how much I love this dish. Probably because it's garlicky and slathered in olive oil (the two edible loves of my life). It's a MUST-TRY.


Photobucket

Next, dory fish with butter rice. This dish is fantastic too! The fish is soft yet crispy at the edges and fresh. And it's got a delicious gravy that, combined in good proportions altogether with the warm butter rice, goes so satisfyingly well.

Photobucket

For dessert we tried a strawberry cake (can't really remember the exact name they gave it) but it's similar to sponge cake. What was quite a nice surprise was the little chunks of fresh strawberries inside it. I loved the feeling of chewing on a piece of sponge cake only to be pleasantly surprised by a nice juicy bit of strawberry.

Photobucket

There's also the flourless chocolate cake. Not to be mistaken for a chocolate lava cake, ladies and gentleman. Unfortunately, my mum was expecting warm melted chocolate sauce to come oozing out from the inside and was sorely disappointed when nothing emerged. (I must say I definitely prefer a warm lava cake topped with vanilla bean ice cream on it)


Photobucket

On another occasion for dinner, we tried these sausages and fries. They were pretty decent; but really, I don't think one can go too far wrong with fried sausages.

Photobucket

On another occasion for dinner, we tried these sausages and fries. They were pretty decent; but really, I don't think one can go too far wrong with fried sausages.The duck confit. When asked to comment about this, D, who went along with us, mentioned that it wasn't fantastic duck confit as the skin wasn't as crispy as it should've been. I wish I could comment more about it but... it's not memorable enough for me to remember what it tastes like. ;p Whoopsies.


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Smoked salmon salad, Potato Gratin and Creme Brulee. The first two were really good, especially the potato gratin. Slices of warm, creamy potato in thick gravy... MMM. (As you probably can tell, I got tired of giving individual comments Xp)

If you've got time and are in the neighbourhood, I definitely recommend you trying this place out. FYI, There's another La Petite Cuisine outlet at Serene Center which was the original one.

No comments:

Post a Comment