Tuesday 24 July 2012

when there's a burning in your heart

While on a short walk one day.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(dress and necklace: Madewell, shoes: Aldo, bag: Melie Bianco
Photobucket

On a side note, I do adore all things Madewell. Like this dress that I want to wear for all picnics or tea sessions. :) It's a (not-so) secret desire of mine to be a buyer for a store like Madewell one day. I wonder how I can go about doing that??

Photobucket

Photobucket

I tell myself that one of these days I should just spend an entire day going around Singapore taking photos. :) There are a couple of places that I'd definitely like to go to -- Marina Barrage (where opportunities to take photos of all the kite-fliers abound!), Chinatown, Little India, random neighborhoods...maybe Balestier or Ang Mo Kio... and just see what sort of photos I end up with at the end of the day. I can totally imagine some people saying, "but that's being just like a tourist!". I totally agree. But sometimes, being a tourist is the only way to keep from getting bored with home. As in the case with anything that's longstanding, be it relationships or work or daily rituals, sometimes it helps to take a step back and try to look at it from a different perspective. Who knows, it might elevate things from the level of tolerable to pretty-darn-awesome. 

xx 



2 comments:

  1. these are gorgeous photos! I love the colors and I love your madewell dress! :)
    I wish I was a tourist in my own neighborhood more often! Always going through all this trouble to discover some place new when there are all these wonderful places around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, Melody! :D haha yeah, it definitely helps stave off some of the boredom from familiar surroundings.

      Delete