Saturday 21 July 2012

Strangers' Reunion

Always happy to discover new places that I LOVE. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Strangers' Reunion is now one my new favorite cafes. Tucked away along the stretch of shophouses lining Kampong Bahru road, I find it hard to believe that I never knew this place was there all this time. I went in there during a weekday for lunch with my mum (don't you love days off from school/work?) and it's a very small, cozy place with people coming and going (and always forgetting to close the front door). 


Photobucket

Photobucket

A cafe with decent cappuccino art automatically scores brownie points with me! :) 


Photobucket

Ohhh this was my favorite. Buttermilk waffle with berries, banana slices and a hefty scoop of vanilla ice cream. MMMM. Maybe it's the buttermilk but this waffle was just extremely light and fluffy, yet crispy at the edges. Makes me want to try making waffles for myself. :D 


Photobucket

Roasted pork baguette - a unique twist on roasted pork that's normally eaten with rice and other meats. The baguette was excellent and crispy. Only qualm I had was that the roasted pork is a little hard to bite into easily especially when eaten with the baguette. It would've been easier if the pork was softer/the baguette less thick and crispy. Individually they were good but when combined, didn't quite make for an easy eat. 


Photobucket

Left: I LOVE the clever way they hung these tiny flower vases all over the cafe. :D Isn't it charming? There are so many aspects of their interior decor that inspired me and make me want to do something similar with my own apartment next time. Ohhhh so many things I wanna do with my future apartment. 



Right: Perfect place for a quiet afternoon cuppa. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Strangers' Reunion
37 Kampong Bahru Road, Singapore 
Tel: +65 9368 3610 
Opening Hours Mon–Sun: 9am – 10pm (Closed on Tue) 


 I should definitely try one of their coffees the next time. Two-time national Barista Champ is no mean feat! 


Photobucket

(dress: GAP, cardigan: Need Supply, Bag: Melie Bianco)
Photobucket 

In a nutshell, Strangers' Reunion is just a great place for a peaceful afternoon alone with a book/thoughts/cup of coffee or tea/with friends. I love discovering a new place in SG that I'd love to go back to. It's also because SG's such a small place, there's the tendency for the prevailing sentiment of youngsters towards the city to be that of boredom. But really, there are tons of great places around the corner if we look hard enough. 


Ok enough with that sentimental diatribe. Next time for sure, I'm ordering COFFEE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment