Saturday 10 December 2011

OChaCha~

Hands down, one of my favorite places to have tea at. I can't quite recall when I discovered this place (probably sometime earlier this year) or why I decided to even venture near the counter but then again, who can resist NOT going to have a closer look at a place so awesomely named?? Reminds me of my Akazukin Cha Cha craze days in the not so distant past. 


Basically, it serves all things Matcha. My absolute favorite has to be OChaCha Silk, which is an amazing blend of Matcha and Soy Milk in genius proportions and warmed to sipping perfection. I've not really tried much else on the menu (because there simply has been NO NEED TO!) but there are a TON of options ranging from hot drinks to iced to ice blended as well if I'm not mistaken. And they even serve desserts (which do look pretty tasty) and simple dishes like ramen, rice bowls, porridge etc. I must've taken a gazillion photos of this place with my iphone but they've all kinda disappeared in the freaky unknown depths of my laptop.


  Photobucket
(isn't the takeaway cup adorable? I think the plastic 'plug' to insert into the hole in the cover is absolute genius!! no need to worry about it losing its warmth or the risk of it spilling while you walk.) 

Photobucket 

(yes, I'm just super pleased with my cuppa')

I love how this place is always quiet and peaceful. I love how the service staff is extremely friendly (my mum, channeling the social butterfly aura that comes from my Ahpo, even made friends with one of the gals) and are always ready with a smile. I love how whenever I take a sip of warm matcha + soy milk tea, I get to enjoy moments of pure, unadulterated inner peace. For those first few moments especially, everything is suspended. All there is, is a good, comforting drink. 

I suppose not everyone would keel over and wax lyrical in this manner about it. After all, my mum and Donald have both tried it before and while they like it, it's highly unlikely that any of them would describe it in this blissful way. Which probably goes to show that your state of mind the very first time you take a sip of that drink (or bite of that sandwich/slurp of that soup.../glimpse of that boy!) makes all the difference. A variant of the way first impressions count. If you were feeling incredibly relaxed and comforted by that very first sip, chances are, you're going to associate that drink with all the similar feelings of wondrous bliss. And then that could very well become your buffer for life's glitches. I've gone to OChaCha many a time after a terrible day at school or feeling hot and bothered or absolutely shitty... and whenever I settle down at a table, breathing in the steam from that mug of matcha and soy milk, everything feel a million times better already. 

So... if I haven't convinced you to give it a try... you must be an unfeeling beast!!! :P But seriously, it's a great place for a break from the shopping. Any places you know of that make you feel the same way too? 

And before I forget: 
 OChaCha 
290 Orchard Road, 
#B1-25 The Paragon, 
Sat–Thu: 9am – 9.30pm 
Fri: 9am – 11pm

1 comment:

  1. I visited this place! Though I gotta confess it was because everywhere else was so crowded and I could get a seat in this one. It turned out lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete